Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wagging their tails behind them





Little Bo-Peep has lost her sheep,
And can't tell where to find them;
Leave them alone, And they'll come home,
Wagging their tails behind them.
My daughter Lillie picked a Little Bow Peep pattern for Halloween. She chose a deep purple fabric and we are using white for the apron, pants, and bodice. So far I have cut out the pattern. Its largest size was a size four so we are improvising a tad because Lillie almost wears a five and I do not want it to be to tight. This being said, I have cut out all of the necessary pieces and have started sewing the bodice. I am having a bit of trouble matching the lining and the bodice at the neckline. They are cut identical and I measured them, they seem to be identical even after sewing. I skipped the stay stitching, I hope this is not the problem. So at this point I have the sleeves to be attached to the bodice and the lace and ilet look really great. As soon as I get the neckline worked out I will be on to the skirt and apron! Super excited!

@ September 22, 2010
I finished the apron this afternoon and attached the sleeves. The neckline is better, I ripped out the stitching and used an abundant amount of pins to correct it, ironing it again really helped. The pants now have the ilet attached and one leg is completely sewn. I have a little left on the second leg and then I will be attaching them to each other.

Whats left... finishing the pants and sewing the skirt. After the skirt is put together I will need to attach it to the top and then since this is a costume I am going to use eye hooks for a fastener. This will be the easiest thing to sew and but is I used a zipper it would be a better product. I have yet to make up my mind on that. Any pros and cons from the audience?

@ September 23, 2010
A have a lot of finishing work to do and I still have not started the hat, but the dress has been decently easy and is getting completed. I am also searching out a cane... I have still not worked out the clasps on the back and I have a lot of threads to clip... But the directions on the Simplicity pattern gave very accurate fabric amounts and even though I adjusted the size for a 5t it seems to fit really well. I would like to add some rickrack maybe to the edges of the bodice, I am undecided on that but this project is wrapping up. I will post pics of the complete outfit soon! Yay, for Halloween!

@ September 29, 2010
I had Lillie try this on and the bottom is a little uneven and long, thus I need to re-hem and shorten the skirt. I looked in a Halloween shop and at Target for a cane, no luck yet. I hope to finish this one up today or tomorrow so hopefully I will find the missing pieces.

@ October 5, 2010
The hat is finished and I will need to work on making the skirt even across the bottom... pictures of Little Bow Peep all complete to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment