Monday, September 27, 2010

A quilt for Rory


I bought fabrics today for my cousins baby girl Rory. I am still thinking on this one so I only bought some fat squares that I really liked.

@ September 29, 2010
I like this quilt, I think it is the one!
http://www.amybutlerdesign.com/pdfs/Amys_Mid_Mod_Quilt.pdf

@ October 19, 2010
I called the local printing and embroidery shop and had them make a square for the quilt... Love it $7.00 total and it really will personalize it. Just picked it up and am very excited to use it. :) Sorry for the poor quality I took this pic from my phone.

@ October 27, 2010
I have a good start on the planning process for Rory's quilt but I am actually ready to start doing now! I am going to make a trip to the Singer store today during lunch and pick up the rest of the fabric. I also would like to pick out the backing as well. I am super excited to get started. I have also been put on a time frame of mid November because my mom will be taking a trip to see Rory's mom and since there is some distance between us I would like to be able to send this one with her. Yay!

@ October 28, 2010
After several hours of cutting out strips of fabric I have the entire center cut out! Since this pattern calls for random placement in the blocks of fabric and size I am going to put all the strips in a bag and pull them out site unseen. This was suggested by the pattern and I think it is a great idea! Anyway, below is the fabric as well as the cut strips!



@ November6, 2010 
Yay I love this quilt. I completed the center this morning and I am about to start the wide borders! I am really excited with the way it is turning out!

@ November 9, 2010
Rory's quilt is finished! I love it When I get pictures with baby Rory and her quilt I will be updating! Love this pattern and love that it was free and very understandable.




7 comments:

  1. I actually finished all but the binding. I am loving it and the fabric feels really good together. I will probably have it done tom. Now I just need to get it to Miss Rory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's AWESOME! You did a great job. I love it! Can't wait to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When is the next time you will be down here or your mom is going up there? I will be close New Years but I would love to get it to you before then... I could always mail it :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not coming home til January, but a small possibility I will come home for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome... I don't think I will be in Chicago. Our tickets were sold out for Pretty Lights and Umphreys on the 31st is $75 each. So we are deciding but it may be Nashville to see Moon Taxi. I am sure we will get it worked out. I am really excited about you getting it!

    ReplyDelete