Thursday, September 23, 2010

Salt scrub


I made a batch for the Ladies at Christmas I spent $1.06 per lady!












Bath Junkie has left Bowling Green. I went to buy my $27 a tub salt scrub and found Bath Junkie gone. I have been searching for a new one. Then it occurred to me that it wouldn't be that hard to make it. I am looking for a good recipe. I hate it when they are oily... yuck, so I am thinking sea salt and some good shower gel. I am going to try a small amount and maybe add a oil free, sent free lotion for moisturizing. I wonder if conditioner would be a good pick instead of lotion, it works for shaving.

@ September 26, 2010
I tried making a small amount today, I used Burts Bees honey and milk lotion, Soft Soap lemon with scrubbing beads, and regular table salt. I have to say that it did the right amount of exfoliating but I would prefer a different salt, I am going to try rock salt and other types of coarse salts. The soft soap was a good choice though because it wasn't to thick, and I am undecided about the lotion. I thought about using Adveno products for sensitive skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment